read messages

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GordTopps

Reaction score
How does one mark a message as read as in the previous incarnation of this site?
Thanks
Gordon

Do you mean private message?

If so after you read it it will automatically convert to read.

That has been fixed. Can you please confirm?

How about putting a "Mark Forums Read" Button on the page that results from "New Posts"?
That is (New Posts) is the first thing I hit when logging in. I read what intrests me and then hit "Mark Forums Read" so they don't come back next time. Now, I have to go to the Home page to access that feature.

Chuck

How about putting a "Mark Forums Read" Button on the page that results from "New Posts"?
That is (New Posts) is the first thing I hit when logging in. I read what intrests me and then hit "Mark Forums Read" so they don't come back next time. Now, I have to go to the Home page to access that feature.

Chuck

That option is already there Chuck.

Click the Forum Tools tab on the right side, the click Mark This Forum Read.

Rick

I don't see any Forum Tools tab...

attachment.php

forum tools.jpg

I'd like to reply that I don't see any button to click to say that a thread has been read.
If this facility is there could you please explain?
Am I the only one?
Thanks
Gordon

If you open the thread, the "Thread Tools" option is on the Top Right Hand side of the first message.

Also if you are on the home page you can double click the "Spinning cart wheel"

Dave

Yes, I see the "Thread Tools " button, but where is the thread read button?

The option is there to mark the whole board as read.

Mark_Read.jpg

Rick

Still don't see it, mine shows, Show printable version, Email this page, Unsubscribe from this thread, add a poll to this thread. That is all
Gordon

It will not show in a thread.

The option is on the boards not in individual threads,

Rick

I'm a retired IT guy. Many hours on the helpdesk dealing with customers on the phone that don't see what I see. This does not make sense. Please humor me, and show me a complete screen shot of the New Posts results with the Forum Tools Tab...
Anyone else experiencing this, or is it just me and I.E.9?

Chuck

Chuck, it seems that the forum tool drop down shows up when you open a forum from the home page. It doesn't show up if you're looking at, for example, "New Posts" or if you go directly to a message from the side bar.

Hope that helps ... I struggled with it too! I'd rather see as "Mark as read" control on the "New Posts" view but it is what it is.

Cheers
Charlie

Finally, Vindicated... Thank you Charlie! The "Forum Tools" Does Not apear if I click on "New Posts". Can you make it so? Or at least a "Mark Forums Read" button. If not, say so. Or, if you don't want to, say so. Don't tell me it's there when its not.

Chuck

Latest posts

Back