Re-make of my first engine!?!

Help Support HMEM:

Divided He ad

Reaction score
Hello, as some of you have already seen I tried a treadle engine for my first last week... I didn't like the lack of accuracy I gave it, drilled one hole off parallel... pretty dumb thing to do! :mad:

So with a few suggestions under my cap I ventured out into the workshop today and got started on a re-design and re-build.

Hopefully this will work much better?

This should lead to an album I just created on photo bucket. For some unknown reason it mixed the photo order up? But I'm sure you can figure it out?!?

I hope it looks as good to you as it does to me....? I concentrated a fair bit more on this one!! :)

AllThumbs

Reaction score
Looks good so far! What makes me real mad is all the bling! You make us all look bad! ;D

E

Mcgyver

Reaction score
i like all the radius turning, gives it a Victorian era feel...add in a few brass bobbles and it look decidedly steam punk ;D

what materials are you using some look like AL and some steel. Is that finish from turning or are you using some emery?

Divided He ad

Reaction score
Hello all, thank you for your positive reactions, don't think I'll be able to make you look bad for some years yet!! :D
answer to questions : A little emery is used but not always needed, mostly I use a brass polish on a rag... brings parts up a treat!
The centre shaft is stainless steel and treadle arm is aluminium, pivot pins are brass (as will be the crankshaft)and flywheel is mild steel (the only thing I had big enough was a 1960's garage door weight 70mm dia, had to cut the thing by hand!) the base is not permanent will be replaced once it works.

Got a bit of time this eve so will plod along with it I think!

Thanks again, Ralph.

Latest posts