Re-enlistment from Wisconsin

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello to all. My name is Dave. I am currently a machinist in a shop where we build dam gate lifting machinery, and moveable bridges for roads and railroads. I have been a job shop machinist for 40 something years, full retirement age is very close, in spite of my profile birth date (I lied). At home, I have 9x20 and 7x12 lathes, from Harbor Fright. Also a taiwan round column mill drill, rf-45 clone.
I was a member here in 2008, (Davyboy), winner of the first Engine of The Month, Treadle Engine Fred, something I am very proud of. I've made a few more treadle toys, and some wobblers, nothing recently. I take them to the steam shows for exhibit and fun, done this 4 or 5 times. My toys are there for kids of all ages to play with. I've met some very fine people there.
Please forgive me, I'm not much of a cheerleader or prolific poster, but I sure love to look at the wonderful work of the crafstsmen here.
Davyboy.jpg

Welcome Dave. Nice work. Wisconsin is one of our favorites. Especially enjoyed a visit to the Circus World Museum in Baraboo, among many other wonderful sites.

Thank you my friends, for the warm welcome. I've met with Steve Huck at NAMES several years ago, actually had time to go again this year, but sad to see it's been cancelled. Hoping to put together a few photos and maybe a video of my simple projects, it's going to take me a little time, as I want it to be gooood!

Welcome to the group

Dave

Hello to all. My name is Dave. I am currently a machinist in a shop where we build dam gate lifting machinery, and moveable bridges for roads and railroads. I have been a job shop machinist for 40 something years, full retirement age is very close, in spite of my profile birth date (I lied). At home, I have 9x20 and 7x12 lathes, from Harbor Fright. Also a taiwan round column mill drill, rf-45 clone.
I was a member here in 2008, (Davyboy), winner of the first Engine of The Month, Treadle Engine Fred, something I am very proud of. I've made a few more treadle toys, and some wobblers, nothing recently. I take them to the steam shows for exhibit and fun, done this 4 or 5 times. My toys are there for kids of all ages to play with. I've met some very fine people there.
Please forgive me, I'm not much of a cheerleader or prolific poster, but I sure love to look at the wonderful work of the crafstsmen here.
View attachment 134455

Latest posts

Back