raym/rupinow vert hit & miss

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I located the mount holes for upper bracket A in upper bracket B bass-ackwards but it works anyway.
Magic?;)
BTW is anyone else building this or is it just me?
Ray M
P1020064.JPG

P1020063.JPG

P1020061.JPG
P1020062.JPG

Sorry Ray. At the moment I have stopped work on mine, it's been too hot to even think about going in the garage... cookin

Ray, I don't know. I sold about eight sets of plans for this engine, but as far as I know, you are the only person currently building one. It's a nice little engine, but it is fairly complex.---Brian

The Bob Shore original was one of my first IC engines, smaller as you know (you have the drawings). Didn't seem that complex.
BTW, what do you think of my magic hole layout working in spite of myself ?
Ray M

I located the mount holes for upper bracket A in upper bracket B bass-ackwards but it works anyway.
Magic?
I found my confusion with upper bracket B was because I expected the view on the drawing to be the view from the top of the bracket. I made it as per drg., flipped it like a hamburger an it works.
Still waiting for a comment from others whom might be building this project or have reviewed the plans, thanks for your reply Johno.
Ray M
P1000014.JPG

Ray---How far are you from a running engine?--Brian
On a timeline I don't have the foggiest...

Am thinking of placing the gas tank under the engine as I did with the with the Silver Angel
48333_15.JPG
, and all previous engines, if it will suck it up? Might need to mess with the CR.

Still need to talk to Roy Sholl about ordering ignition system.

Hi I have been following your build
I'm a little confused by your exhaust valve cam timing in the photographs. Shouldn't the small gear be on the crankshaft?
Steve

jumps4 is correct. You have the gears reversed. The small gear goes on the crankshaft, the big gear goes on the vertical camshaft.

Latest posts

Back