R & V ic engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mh121

Reaction score
Hello all, I am currently working on a casting kit that I bought from R L Rockwell. It is a half scale model of an R & V horizontal engine.
I have been getting on with it, though a little slower than I would like, so thought you might like to see some pics of the parts I have done so far and if you like them will continue to add till the build completes.

Cheers,
MartinH

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

I'm guessing you'll get a universal "Yes", keep the posts and pictures coming!

Chuck

Looking great and for sure keep taking pics of the build. We love pics.:)

Edited to add:
I just googled your engine and didn't come up with a link for the company or the engine can you post those?

Looks as though it is coming along nicely. I have the casting set but have to finish up another engine first. Any particular "quirks" you've run across that have caused problems? Please post more pics as the project develops.

I have the full sized version of this engine, think yours is just about as far along as mine.

Brian

Well I`m sorry for not posting more pictures on this thread. I have been busy restoring two motorcycles and three full size stationary engines, while doing bits on the model.

I have finally got it to the stage where it is running, this was alot easier than I thought it would be, maybe an hour or so setting the timing and the speed. It chugs away very nicely now and I am extremely pleased with the way it runs. I will now strip it down for finishing, painting and polishing.

Hope you enjoy the video, may make up for not so many pics on the thread.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVcBf4qA93U[/ame]

Cheers for now,

MartinH, UK

Hi Martin, can you please tell me who supplied the castings and is it machinable on a ML7?.That is going to be a very nice engine when its painted.Only one hour to set up it took me a couple of months to get my Little Angel to run and its still a little fast.
regards Frazer

Hi Frazer, the links are further up the post. I would think you would get away with it on an ML7, I have a 5.5" x 40" kerry thats not alot bigger than a Myford, just a longer bed.

Cheers,
MartinH

Beautiful runner Martin! :bow:

Rick

Well I thought I had better finish this post off with some pictures of the finished engine. Hope you enjoy.

Cheers,
MartinH
IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

Beautiful job Martin!

Martin,

I'm green with envy over the quality of your green paint job.

You have built one fine looking engine.

SAM

Very nice indeed, thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back