questions about injector of diesel engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breadf

Reaction score
i'd like to make a 4 cylinder diesel engine, and am studying it. the injector is the hard part for me. does any body know about this and could share some knowledge? thanks

Compression ratio between 16:1 and 20:1. Injector pressure on old type injector is a pop off around 2500psi. this is the type with an inline injection pump, steel lines to each injector. THe running pressures of these designs is around 10000 psi. Steel lines of 1/4 od and an ID of .020". This would be called direct injection engine , piston would have a round depression as a combustion chamber. Injection nozzl;es would have small holes .0015-.+ into combustion chamber. The pre-chamber engines like used in cars is different, the nozzle is a Pintel. sort of like a nozzle on a garden hose, the fuel comes out like a cone. Into a chamber in the head, which then travels into the area ontop the piston.

This is all OLD TECH 20 years small truck type engines. If you could find a small twin cylinder engine used in truck trailer refrigeration, It would be difficult to down size the parts, but you best chance to build a mini diesel.

Compression ratio between 16:1 and 20:1. Injector pressure on old type injector is a pop off around 2500psi. this is the type with an inline injection pump, steel lines to each injector. THe running pressures of these designs is around 10000 psi. Steel lines of 1/4 od and an ID of .020". This would be called direct injection engine , piston would have a round depression as a combustion chamber. Injection nozzl;es would have small holes .0015-.+ into combustion chamber. The pre-chamber engines like used in cars is different, the nozzle is a Pintel. sort of like a nozzle on a garden hose, the fuel comes out like a cone. Into a chamber in the head, which then travels into the area ontop the piston.

This is all OLD TECH 20 years small truck type engines. If you could find a small twin cylinder engine used in truck trailer refrigeration, It would be difficult to down size the parts, but you best chance to build a mini diesel.
Hi MachineTom,

Thanks for reply. do you have any mini diesel engine to sell? I wanna buy one to study. the smaller the better.

Breadf

Hi MachineTom,

Thanks for reply. do you have any mini diesel engine to sell? I wanna buy one to study. the smaller the better.

Breadf
if you want, i can do it for you.

Latest posts

Back