Question. Indy v8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been searching for some plans or information on the chevy ilmor Indy v8 that was used in the late 80's Penske pc17 Indy car. Does anyone here have any leads on information? I am gathering information for one of my goals of building a ¼ scale Pc-17

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Bob

To be honest it's likely you will have to do all the research and engineering if you want to get one built. Not saying they don't exist but I have never seen one. I'm guessing yours would be the first. Then you would have to decide weather you want to publish your plans for sale. That's how it works.

Steve,

Thanks for chipping in here. I appreciate it. My request was admittedly a long shot but you just never know!!

I have gathered everything that I can find on the web. I have also reached out to Ilmor, but they were unwilling to release any information on the engine (even though it is from 1987). I still need to reach out to Penske and the Penske museum. I expect a similar result but all it takes is incrementally more information to help realize this project.

I will figure something out. It will just take time and determination.

BTW, I have a set of your plans. They are very nice. Thanks for taking the time to put them together.

Regards,
Bob

Look at the ZR-1 Corvette engine, similar in design a and appears ce. BTW I had been loaned a 2004 Indy car for a few months, which I displayed in my motorcycle showroom. It was very cool.

Latest posts

Back