Public Hello (a few days late)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangerssteamtoys

Reaction score
Just wanted to make the Official Hello to the fourm.

Hello, I'm Ranger Moore from Houston TX, I'm 14 years old and very interested into steam. this was probably fueled by may dad since he has 3 cars, a 1964 chevelle(rat rodded),1940 chevrolet Master Deluxe (restored to original), and a 1993 Corvette (fresh paint). I'm also a big pyromaniac, you add interest in mechanical things with fire you get a steam engine ;D

I started my collection when I was about 11 and it took off when I was 12. I hope to be a big poster on this forum and help people or recieve advice from people. I have no machining tools like a lathe or a mill but I do have a grinder and a drill press (if that means anything 8))

Hello from The Biggest State in the Lower 48. (rhyme :bow:)

Welcome Ranger

It's great to see the next generation coming along.
We old buzzards were beginning to think this hobby was a dying craft.

Rick

rake60 said:
Welcome Ranger

It's great to see the next generation coming along.
We old buzzards were beginning to think this hobby was a dying craft.

Rick

Old buzzards better stay alive so you can teach the new generation some tricks. We were all born about a hundred years too late. Thats when steam was king 100-150 years ago.

rangerssteamtoys said:
...We were all born about a hundred years too late. Thats when steam was king 100-150 years ago.

I heard that from a lot of my former co-workers. Also have heard I was born 100 years too early.

Welcome to the forum.

Eric

rangerssteamtoys, glad your here, these fellows have a lot to share and now how, new to machining but know to steam, I ran this machine as a kid, run the 11-7 shift, we stopped using it in 1972, I left that job the next year, the machine is still there, or should I say what they could not haul off, hope you enjoy, it was used to pump water to Riceland, rope driven. Lathe Nut
steamengineflywheel.jpg

Hi Ranger........... ;D .......... I'm pretty new here too, I'm somewhat older than you ??? but have just as much to learn ......... I'm sure we'll both enjoy the experience.

Your right, many skills/trades are rapidly falling into obscurity; which is a crying shame and will in future years be regretted ........ then hopefully rediscovered ??? ......... time will tell :-\

CC

Hey Lathe nut... Start another post and do a write up on that engine. Looks really interesting!

Eric

Latest posts

Back