Psychological and Philosphical aspects of Model Making

Discussion in 'HMEM Forum Support & Suggestions' started by xrad, Jul 3, 2015.

Help Support HMEM by donating:

1. Jul 23, 2015 #21

Foozer

Foozer

Foozer

Well-Known Member HMEM Lifetime Supporter

Retired
    She never really understood the need to chop away at things to make things just because, so took up her hobby of canning - Needless to say after attaching a little steam motor to the spigot of the Pressure Canner, am no longer allowed into the kitchen - Go Figure

Gerhardvienna likes this.
  2. Jul 10, 2016 #22

the engineer

the engineer

the engineer

yes that's nice but what does it do:wall:
    how much could I get for it when you are gone:mad::
    how much of the household money went into that:hDe:

gus likes this.
  3. Jul 29, 2016 #23

Sackett

Sackett

Sackett

I have in last few yrs developed some mental / emotional issues which caused my early retirement. I can only tolerate one person or group for a couple of hours,, then things go downhill pretty fast, so now I basicaly live alone, 400 miles from wife n family. The shop for me is a non crirical endevor, and it helps calm the beast (sometimes).If it doesnt, or gets too tedious, I can cut the machine off , and walk out.when I finish a project , no matter how small or insignificant is a great release for me.Has been 3 weeks since I could work in shop,but when my head gets "right",I can go right back to where I left off ,,,happy as a clam.

4. Jul 29, 2016 #24

purpleknif

purpleknif

purpleknif

My wife doesn't complain but she doesn't get it either . I'm 13 months shy of retirement after over 30 years as a full time (60 hrs a week ) machinist . She says " you get home and crab about work then you go in the garage and do the same thing." I tell her I love what I do but I absolutely by God hate the people I do it for and with !

tornitore45 and oilmac like this.
  5. Jul 29, 2016 #25

tornitore45

tornitore45

tornitore45

Well-Known Member HMEM Lifetime Supporter

My wife tries to show interest for every shiny part I show her, then when the engine is complete an running she invariably ask "Can it do something useful in the house?".
    I am retired and she is happy the hobby keeps me out of her hairs, then complains about neglect.

Draft saved Draft deleted