Proposal to design a "First Build" engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
black85vette said:
I think the first step will be simply to document a build and do some photos and comments on how to build it. Then start adding tutorial type sections as they are contributed.

Yep. And nice video. I haven't made anything yet where I can use lung power.

Another shot you might find interesting. It is the "learning" pieces that were discarded as the changes were made.

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

Now you guys need to think of a clever name for it so the newbies can say, "Yeah, I built the xxxx."

mklotz said:
Now you guys need to think of a clever name for it so the newbies can say, "Yeah, I built the xxxx."

How about the "Octoberfest" since it started and became a runner all in the month of October?

This might just be my second project!

Ok now, you guys did all the work.
Octoberfest does not cut it IMHO. I love lateral thinking,
so how about naming it Ramius, after the captain of the Red October, or Markus if the former is too formal.
Tin

Deanofid said:
Name it "The Notarocker".

Or, "Notawobler" Rof}

Seriously, I hadn't given this much thought. How about we have a poll with a vote? Can we do that??

Gee, I know one thing. If I ever buy a yacht, I'm not letting you guys name it.

Call it "primo", Italian for first - as in first engine - and it carries the vernacular connotation of "first class".

Oh I dunno.... I kind of like the notion of it's "NOT-A-ROCKER" myself. It needs no explanations in reference to a person of quaint historical meaning or theatrical appearance.

BC1
Jim

Since the Volkswagen was the "peoples car" and was designed for simplicity and low cost how about Volksmotor - the "peoples engine"?

Or, the "SWAG" since that is the method I used to arrive at most of my designs? :big:

black85vette said:
Since the Volkswagen was the "peoples car" and was designed for simplicity and low cost how about Volksmotor - the "peoples engine"?

Or, the "SWAG" since that is the method I used to arrive at most of my designs? :big:

If you mean "swag", as in stuff that was pinched, then it would represent a lot of what has already been made here. Very few can claim any originality, though some do. Try something descriptive, like the Eze-Steamer, or some such. (My suggestion for "Notarocker" was just a nod to all the rocker builders on the forum. Only meant in jest.)

Volksmotor... eh. Kind of common, and a "motor" runs on electricity. What you have here is an engine.

Dean

Deanofid said:
If you mean "swag", as in stuff that was pinched, then it would represent a lot of what has already been made here. Very few can claim any originality, though some do. Dean

Sorry, I forget not everyone uses the same slang. SWAG = scientific wild a**ed guess. :big:

When kids are learnig to read there are the "Easy Reader" books; why not "EZ Build"? Or, "EZ Engine".

90LX_Notch said:
When kids are learnig to read there are the "Easy Reader" books; why not "EZ Build"? Or, "EZ Engine".

I like that idea or even shorten it to a more generic "EZ"

In which case make it E-Z so people won't say 'ez'.
I liked the "E-Z Engine" too.

Latest posts

Back