Project of the Month - September 2018

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelton

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! gg89220

You are the builder of the​

Steam Crane

p5273928-800x600-jpg.101692

Here is the Build thread.

A photo of it will be featured as the cover photo on the HMEM Facebook page.

Last edited:
Beautiful work! I would like to know if there is something that I can apply on copper to prevent flux and solder from running all over the project. Something like a painter's masking tape in liquid form perhaps? I've heard that wide pencil lines stop the flux from travelling to unwanted areas but I haven't tried it yet. Any ideas out there? Thanks folks.

Fine work! I've been thinking about making a crane, but haven't yet begun to translate my thoughts into action. You're miles ahead of me, and the quality of your work shows that you always will be.

Beautiful work! I would like to know if there is something that I can apply on copper to prevent flux and solder from running all over the project. Something like a painter's masking tape in liquid form perhaps? I've heard that wide pencil lines stop the flux from travelling to unwanted areas but I haven't tried it yet. Any ideas out there? Thanks folks.

A 2B or softer pencil or White Out. Is the latter still available for two finger typists?

Regards

N

Latest posts

Back