progress report on the Odds and Ends Hit and Miss

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugnut

Reaction score
Between remodeling the bathroom and some other honey-do's I did make a little progress on my engine this week. I guess I'm about out of excuses for not making an attempt to fire it up. Maybe after a trip to the Oregon Steam UP this coming week end in Brooks OR I will give it a try.

Fuel tank
P1010008008.jpg

Points for ignition
DSC01578006.jpg

oiler and grease cups
DSC01576008.jpg

Not much left to do
P1010010010.jpg

got a coil and battery and now need a display box and a LOT of clean up to do.
Mel

That looks nice ;D How could you resist trying to get it running for so long??

Never mind, as long as you get it on video, we can wait ;)

Just one other thing..... How many tape measures does 1 man need?? :big: (and how do you keep them where you can find them ??? )

Ralph.

Great looking engine, Mel. I know what you mean about taking so long to get an engine fired up. My two cylinder vertical has been finished, except for the ignition and fuel tank, for more than 4 months. Gonna have to get serious about it one of these days! :-[

When I built my version of the odds'n'ends, I spent weeks trying to get it to run. I was using a motorcycle coil of unknown origin and it turns out I didn't have enough voltage. I had been using a 6 volt battery and when I changed over to a 9 volt rechargeable battery pack, it started right up!

Chuck

Ralph, that is only a small selection of the tape measures that I have, I can't find the other half ???
Chuck, I really hate to attempt to start engine up. If it starts up,,,the fun is over and it will go on the shelf and it will all be over. If it does not start, I've failed :eek:
It will run I have full confidence in the plans, and Mr Duclos the author and designer.
Mel

Latest posts

Back