Posting photos

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanuckMike

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I would like some clarification on inserting photos with a post.

Thanks, Mike

Mike - Welcome to the forum - that's the very same question I asked when I joined.

Pat J's method is placing the photo as an attatchment.

If you want the photo to appear properly and larger you must first post the photo on a website such as Photobucket and then insert the address using the insert image / web address. (3rd button along).

From Photobucket there are 4 types of address listed under the image - cut and paste the bottom address type to your post - this has the img commands - no need to use the 3rd button.

You can add in or subsequently edit (modify or preview) the size of the drawing after the img width=800 height =600 to adjust the size presented in the post.

Ken

Hi compspecial

You can use any of the photo hosting services that you choose. Some members have preferences so what ever works for you is OK with the forum. Try to keep the size down a bit as some of the members live in remote areas and do not have high speed connections so with large photos they either have to take a pass or wait for half an hour to down load them. My self, I like about 800 x 600 and crop the garbage off the edges and they usually work OK.

Cheers :)

Don

I don't live in a remote area, but I know all about slow connections :)
Thank you so much for the info, Don.
Stew

compspecial said:
Can we use flickR Ken?

To use Flickr:

Share this / grab the HTML-BBCode
Then check the BBCode button
Copy and paste the link

Latest posts

Back