Posting embeded photos

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhitee93

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I'm sure the answer is obvious, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Some of the posts have large pictures that are part of the text. How is this done? When I attach photos, they are thumbnails that have to be clicked on.

Thanks!

Hi Brian

You need to use a third party photo hosting account like Photobucket.

If you look at the pdf document from this thread, it gives step-by-step instructions.

Hope that helps :)

Kind regards, Arnold

OK, I've got it now.
Thank you Arnold :)

I'll have to check into a photo bucket account...

Brian,

A photobucket account is normally free, unless you overstep the 'looking' allowance.

If you have posted pictures on lots of websites such as this, with a fair few members, every time they open the topic page to look at your pics, it takes a bit off your monthly allowance. So a lot of sites posted on, the more of your allowance gets eaten away.

I got away with around 2,500 uploaded pictures for over 3 years on four or five sites before I started to reach my limits. So normally, it wouldn't affect the person who makes the odd post with a few pictures in it.

I willingly pay just over 20 bucks a year to photobucket, and that allows me to have as much allowance as I need.

I find a post is much easier to read and follow when you have pictures and text embedded together, in fact, some posts with lots of the small fingernail attachments, I don't even look at, purely because it can't give the same sort of information that people seem to crave for.

John

Thanks for the info John. I tend to agree that it is nice to have the full sized pics in the post. I'll probably set up an account so I can do that from now on.

And please size them to no bigger than about 600 to 700 horizontal so a viewer does
not have to scan horizontally to see it.
...Lew...

I set mine up at 800 X 600 and it seems about right. You can see lots of detail in it straight away.

pop03.jpg

Not small like this

Jackfrog.jpg

John

Lew Hartswick said:
And please size them to no bigger than about 600 to 700 horizontal so a viewer does
not have to scan horizontally to see it.
...Lew...

You don't run your screen resolution at 1680x1050 like I do? :)

Thm: That's just dandy Brian :) - great stuff!

Kind regards, Arnold

What I do for poduct photos is copy the URL from the vendors web page and paste it the post .
1) open a new browser tab go the weweb site of interest in htis case grizly tools and browse around.
2) click the larger image option of the object of interest.
3) right click on the photo
4) click on the copy URL option
then go to the post reply window here
5) place your curser where you wan the photo to show up
6) right click the mouse and click on paste.
7) you will see a web adress that looks similar to this.
http://cdn0.grizzly.com/pics/jpeg500/g/g7945.jpg
8) Highlight the link and select the IMG icon from above third from the left.
9) the photo link will then show up with IMG inbrakets before and after and appear to to the viewer as a photo.
10)

g7945.jpg

And please if you refereence someone else s site or work give them credit.
like G7945 5 Speed Bench-Top Radial Drill Press from Grzzly tools
http://www.grizzly.com/home.aspx
Such info helps us help you. I can not give advise on a xyz hobby gadget if I have never seen one and do not take the time to research it.

Hope this helps.
Tin

A few years back, I registered my own internet domain, and with the explosion in storage technology, prices for your own domain plus massive amounts of disk space makes it very reasonable. Most of us pay $100+ per month for cell phones, what is $100 per year for a few gigs of personal web space?

Your own domain gives you...

- unlimited email accounts, like "[email protected]", that you manage as you see fit. Give email addy's to your family and friends.
- gigabytes of online disk space for all your pics. Like "http://www.johnswebsite.com/pics/Engine01.jpg" These you can hotlink to your heart's content, and never have photobucket whine about bytes.
- Web site to create your own web pages, slide shows, project pics, etc.

Highly recommended! ;)

Back