Portable machine shop

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davewild

Reaction score
Hi guys

So I was asked some time ago to show my portable workshop once I had it all together, so here it is just before packing ready for my next trip to work offshore, it ended up weighing just under 35 KG that's without any of my personnel belongings that I need to take with me, as you can see I have all the metal stock already, and am going to build Jan Ridders opposed twin two stroke, I have had to cheat a bit and have had some parts machined already by local machine shop, I would not have been able to do them on the Sherline, the last picture is of the engine I built on my last trip, I will try and document the build on here but the Internet connection is never good offshore and up loading photos is a nightmare. Wish me luck!!!

Regards

Dave

image.jpg

Last edited:
Second picture, how do I get them all on the same page?

image.jpg

Great job on the tool kit! You're going to be the envy of your bored crewmates. Wish I had thought of something like that when I was on deployments.

Dave that is really cool; I can't even imagine trying the think of everything I would need to build an engine while working away from home.

Keep us posted on the outcome.

Dave

Hi guys

So I was asked some time ago to show my portable workshop once I had it all together, so here it is just before packing ready for my next trip to work offshore, it ended up weighing just under 35 KG that's without any of my personnel belongings that I need to take with me, as you can see I have all the metal stock already, and am going to build Jan Ridders opposed twin two stroke, I have had to cheat a bit and have had some parts machined already by local machine shop, I would not have been able to do them on the Sherline, the last picture is of the engine I built on my last trip, I will try and document the build on here but the Internet connection is never good offshore and up loading photos is a nightmare. Wish me luck!!!

Regards

Dave

Great job on the tool kit! You're going to be the envy of your bored crewmates. Wish I had thought of something like that when I was on deployments.
Thanks, last time out I had a crowd around me most days watching me, all dying to get their hands on my new machine.

Dave

Dave that is really cool; I can't even imagine trying the think of everything I would need to build an engine while working away from home.

Keep us posted on the outcome.

Dave

It has took me quite a while to just get things together just for this trip, I have spent hours scanning the drawings and making a list of everything I will need, will see what I've missed when I get to the vessel and start working. Thanks for your comment.

Regards
Dave

This is very cool. I was just daydreaming of doing something the same the other day to bring over with me to work here in the jungle. This gives me some very great ideas of how to pack it and weights.

Latest posts

Back