Porsche 917 flat 12 engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also had the same problem with Chrome and also with Microsoft Edge, it would be interesting to log in, but there seems to be a problem, a security and invalid certificates

I've ignored those warnings in the past and never had an issue with it, but I'm being a bit more cautious when I keep reading about big name companies being compromised all the time. If everyone else is going there and it's not an issue, it's probably OK. The fact that you're seeing the same warnings with Edge and Chrome (both of which are on this machine but that I rarely use), but Trevor doesn't get the warning is odd.

Cover camshaft, from design to finished cover via SLA resin 3D printer
I split the cover into 2 parts to use my printer (200x140x200 mm )

camshaft cover.jpg

camshaft cover 1.jpg

Phase of curing with infrared rays to polymerize and harden the pieces after printing

IMG_2103.JPEG

matt black paint

IMG_2314.JPEG

logo painting with rubber roller

IMG_2315.JPEG

IMG_2316.JPEG

IMG_2317.JPEG

Last edited:
looking realy nice. is the ventilator scale? it looks a little big in relation to the block.

Michael

Jules,
how long do ou estimate for completing the build?
I realy like to hear and see it running.

Michael

by the way now that the summer is gone i will go on working on the Holt.

Jules,
how long do ou estimate for completing the build?
I realy like to hear and see it running.

Michael

Hopefully, I hope to hear the first pops within the year.
After first pops I would like to try to build a mechanical injection system but the insuperable problem is the diameter of the injector holes which, according to my calculations for a piston of 26 mm it must be max 0.06 mm.
:oops:

Distributors
This engine has 2 distributors, each for all 12 cylinders, there are 2 spark plugs per cylinder
I built 2 distributors, one for 6 cylinders on the right, the other for 6 cylinders on the left, in my heads there is no space for 2 spark plugs 1 / 4-32 each cylinder , I also made cost savings.
Instead of making 2 tabs and 2 screws to hold the distributor cap in place I put an Oring, this allows the timing by rotating the cap
The magnets and the Hall sensor will be positioned directly on the crankshaft , any backlash on the gears does not affect the timing.
The central electrode is obtained from an electric motor brush by turning

disributor.jpg

distributor cap.jpg

Latest posts

Back