Porsche 917 flat 12 engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like some good stuff, I'll have to get some. I've got a couple of Cub Cadets with leaking differential covers that it should work wonders on. When I looked at the data sheet it listed a working temperature range of -50° to 200° C. I didn't see a recommended application temperature range, do you happen to know what that is?

Don

Last edited:
That looks like some good stuff, I'll have to get some. I've got a couple of Cub Cadets with leaking differential covers that it should work wonders on. When I looked at the data sheet it listed a working temperature range of -50° to 200° C. I didn't see a recommended application temperaturfe range, do you happen to know what that is?

Don
An application temperature is not foreseen because a particular temperature is not required, the ambient temperature is always good

Oil filter

I chose to build filter components by scratching from solid instead of casting , the filter receives oil via pump through internal holes and sends clean oil to the crankshaft via holes in the cover.

Filtro olio completo.jpg
Filtro olio completo sez.jpg
Filtro.jpg

IMG_2425.JPG
IMG_2427.JPG
IMG_E2433.JPG
IMG_2434.JPG
IMG_2435.JPG
IMG_2437.JPG
IMG_2436.JPG

I am curious, what weight oil will you run? With your tight tolerances (unlike my shoddy and sloppy fits!), is this a concern?

More excellent work, thanks for taking us along on the ride!

John W

I am curious, what weight oil will you run? With your tight tolerances (unlike my shoddy and sloppy fits!), is this a concern?

More excellent work, thanks for taking us along on the ride!

John W

I have not made any calculations for amount of oil, I will establish it with practical tests. it is a dry sump engine, I have never built an engine without oil in oil pan, I will have to do dozens of tests, when the engine may work .....

Last edited:
I must have missed that post. It's hard to believe that Vespa used an oil filter that small. I thought maybe is was a fuel filter cartridge that you were using for an oil filter. How did you find out about that filter?

Don

Intake manifold

Real engine has a mechanical injection system and injectors spray directly into the 12 intake bellmouth

I will put a carburetor on the right for 6 cylinders and one on the left for other 6 cylinders, making a small-scale injection pump is very complicated, for example the injector hole that atomises petrol should have a diameter of 0.06 mm in my engine.
I think it is not possible, perhaps only with laser can such small holes be made.

IMG_6224.JPG

Engineering ingenuity at its finest! Amazing workaround Pard, can’t begin to understand how you develop and implement your planning and work.
John W

Foketry:

Back around Post #213 we were discussing thehomefoundry.org and the security issues with that web-site. I mentioned those issues on that web-site this morning and got this reply from DavidF, one of the site's administrators.

"That's because of the https not showing on all the web pages. There is nothing " unsafe " its just I need to pay for a blanket ssl to keep the computer gods happy. Tell him ignore it and continue to site..."

I've tried both Chrome and Edge, and they will both puke over the site being "un-secure". However, the browser that came loaded on this Windows10 machine has NO problem with the site. I regularly visit that site and none of my machines has crashed and burned - yet.

Don

Latest posts

Back