Poll*welding rod or wire do you use mig/stick/tig/torch

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welding rod or wire do you use mig/stick/tig/torch

• E71T-GS 110/120V FCAW

• E71T-GS 220/240V FCAW

• E71T-11 MIG FCAW

• E70S-6 MIG

• E6011 Stick

• E6013 Stick

• E7018 Stick

• E70S-6 TIG/Torch Rod

• E70S-2 TIG/Torch Rod

• Brazing Torch Rod

Results are only viewable after voting.

SmithDoor

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Poll on Most command welding rod or wire do you use in your shop :thumbup:
Use for welding Mild Steel

What type of welding wire or stick do you use for welding
Other Types *** please post This was limited to 10 on the poll

Dave

Dave,
There are so many options for consumables that I suspect you are "Pissing Up A Rope" in trying to cover even a small sample with a poll here ;-)
For MIG/MAG I use 2 types of wire for mild steel, another one that's nearly pure Nickel for stainless and cast iron, another that's nearly pure copper for some copper alloys, one that's bronze for other copper alloys and also a general purpose Aluminium wire.
I tend to use an ESAB 316L rod for stainless stick welding stainless alloys but have about 5 other rod types.
I won't go into the variety I use with a Carbon Arc Torch or for brazing with furnace or blowlamp,

- Nick

Use for welding Mild Steel
I for got to post that
Also any can post command type of welding not listed :fan:

Dave

Dave,
There are so many options for consumables that I suspect you are "Pissing Up A Rope" in trying to cover even a small sample with a poll here ;-)
For MIG/MAG I use 2 types of wire for mild steel, another one that's nearly pure Nickel for stainless and cast iron, another that's nearly pure copper for some copper alloys, one that's bronze for other copper alloys and also a general purpose Aluminium wire.
I tend to use an ESAB 316L rod for stainless stick welding stainless alloys but have about 5 other rod types.
I won't go into the variety I use with a Carbon Arc Torch or for brazing with furnace or blowlamp,

- Nick

When I look at the options truly I have no idea what I use but I do have stick, mig and tig.

I'm guessing most members would know as much as me.

This Poll on Most command welding rod or wire do you use in your shop today
My self I have just ever on the list
I just ran out room to put all command choses

FYI
I use E71T-GS today
12 years ago the main wire use in the shop 71T-1 with CO2 .052 in 50 LB or 60 LB coils
Had over 600 LB stick rod in just in case of shortage of welding wire

Dave

When I look at the options truly I have no idea what I use but I do have stick, mig and tig.

I'm guessing most members would know as much as me.

Back