PM Lathe Completed

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

chiliviking

I completed my little lathe kit today. It was a great project and I recommend it highly for a great learning experience. I learned a great deal from this project. Many thanks to those on the board that offered help along the way. Marv was of great help as he had built this kit previously.

DSCN2760.jpg

DSCN2758.jpg

DSCN2757.jpg

Time now to move on to my next project. I have ordered the plans for the Walking Beam Engine from A-1 Machine and they should be here soon. In the meantime I am working on some tooling projects that I've been wanting to do.

Great job, chili! Looks spectacular. I see you added the oil cups and made the chuck key. There is some other tooling you can add. A lathe dog and a center-drilled rod for when you have the faceplate mounted. A scale oil-can would be fun too although I haven't gotten around to that yet. Again, fine work and best luck with your next project. Keep us informed.

Very nice job. I have been wanting to build one of these, but have not had any time to spend in the shop. Plus I have a few projects in front of it.

Dale

hey that looks great - what have ypu made with it? ;D

I'm really impressed, Chili. I know a lot more work went in to that than people would think!

Hard to tell it from the big ones.

Great Job Chilli ! Mine is still in the box "climatizing". ;D I hope mine will look as good.

Frank

What an accomplishment, outstanding work!

13AL

Back