Please vote for January's Project of the month

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will it be?

• Manfred's Flame licker

• Zeeprogramer's Horizontal mill engine

• Kvom's Liney Halo

Results are only viewable after voting.
All fine choices! Tough to pick this one. Congrats to all the nominees!

An exceptional trio of engines, each possessing their own set of challenges that were faced and many well depicted methods of overcoming those same difficulties. This month's selections run the gamut of machine shop experiences from raw casting to complex milled shapes. As in previous months, it is difficult to choose, but I think that these fine examples all deserve some serious contemplation before hitting the 'vote for' button. Gentlemen, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your adventures with us and to congratulate you all for a job well done. :bow: BRAVO!!! :bow:

BC1
Jim

First off I think the powers to be should now add a category for funniest video, Zee you got that hands down!!! Congrats to all tough choice the good workmanship shows in all three.

Dave

Make sure you take time to vote!!! These things are always pretty close:eek:)

Vote, Vote, Vote!!!!Vote, Vote, Vote!!!!Vote, Vote, Vote!!!!Vote, Vote, Vote!!!!Vote, Vote, Vote!!!!

Congrats to the nominees, my vote is in.

Dave, nice mini is that an ongoing project?

Nick

Hit me - Miss me? Missed this voting completly :mad:

When did it start? :wall: *club* with one less vote there's a tie :redface2:

Ya' know Marv, I was thinking the same thing. With all of the hoopla over how to set up the nominations etc. several weeks ago, there are STILL only, roughly 100 members that actually take the time to vote. Out of how many thousands of registered members? Pretty poor performance showing, that is for certain, but then again, I'm just getting old. ??? ::) :-\

BC1
Jim

Pretty typical of a large forum. We forget that the majority of members never come up on the stage. They sit back to watch the few who dare to become cast members in the ongoing drama. Sort of a Cyber Soap Opera.... if you will.

Steve

Actually I don't think that the 108 votes is too bad. Taking a quick look at the stats page for the forum I found the following rough numbers:

Of the 4052 members shown in the left hand stats column, about 60 have been removed because they were spamers or for some other reason.
Of the remainder about only about 1000 (25 percent) have made one or more posts.
A little over 200 have made more than 50 posts.
135 have made over 100 posts.

So the active membership has a fairly good percentage of voters.

Some of the members only check in occasionally. If someone only checks in once a week at the current rate of postings, about 700 new posts will be there to read and a little more than 50 new topics. Easy to get lost with that type of volume. Few people will do more than check what they know is of interest to them.

Just an observation, but I don't think we are doing too bad.

Gail in NM

If you blink you can miss the voting! What happens now as it was a tie?!

One day has been added to to the poll.

Rick

Oh I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this forum, as a matter of fact I love this place. It is a sanctuary of sorts to me and it is quite refreshing to see what/how folks do different things. I would just only hope that more members would take the time and opportunity to vote. Especially it being a monthly event. Oh well, life goes on. *only 108.........hmmmmmm* :-X

BC1
Jim

Wow! It's really a close race. This is going to be a good one.

Latest posts

Back