please help identify

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awJCKDup

Reaction score
I got a smokin deal on these castings, now if I only knew what it was....the cylinder, head, flywheel, and base are cast iron, the crankcase is cast aluminium. The cylinder and head have water jackets in them. The cylinder also has what appears to transfer ports that go from the crankcase to the lower third of the cylinder. I'm guessing a 2 stroke marine engine, maybe a Hubbard? If you recognize the kit, how many parts are missing? Any help would be appreciated.

100_4224.jpg

100_4225.jpg

Last edited:
Hello awJCKDup You have a Stuart Lightweight Gas engine, it's a 3 port 2 cycle 29.9 cc h2o cooled engine. I built one in 1961 it ran but to hevey for the size tether boats we where running. The cab. took more time to make than the engine. As with any of the casting kits from Stuart Turner thay where SUPERB. Good luck you'r find. Regards Red.

Hello again awJCKDup I got to thinking, so I looked in old files and found some info. Missing are con. rod bronze casting,carburetor casting alum casting, piston alum cast, rings thay where finished,contact breaker frame cast bronze,B/A nut and bolt kit.The carb is about as complicated to make as I have seen. Of ALL the Stuart casting kit I have done over the years I NEVER had A casting that was SOOOO GUMMY just like dead soft SO alum, just one of though things that happen. IT WORKED. If I can be of som help PM me [email protected]. I'M not a business just a life long modeler. Regards Red

Thanks Red I knew someone here would have the answer. Now that I know what I'm looking for I can do a bit more research. My builds to date have been bar stock engines, I'm too cheap to buy kits! If I can get some details of the missing parts.....who knows, maybe I'll end up with a Hybrid.

Thanks again
John

Happened to be looking through some back issues of ME tonight and saw this.

J

lightweight.JPG

Latest posts

Back