Plasticity 3D

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, with regard to Plasticity, I wonder if its intended use really matches the technical CAD use of modeling an engine?

From the Git page:
Plasticity is a 3d modelling software for concept artists. Modelling in Plasticity is quick and efficient due to the unique gizmos, shortcuts, and thoughtful workflow.

The goal of plasticity is to make working with NURBS like working with clay.

Hmm, with regard to Plasticity, I wonder if its intended use really matches the technical CAD use of modeling an engine?

From the Git page:

Definitely not everyone's cup of tea. There are some users who are more artist-leaning. I could definitely use something like this to make more ornate steam/hit & miss engine castings for machining later.

Something like this FCU below isn't made of any straight surfaces, but it could be reproduced a bit stiffer in engineering-leaning CAD.

FCU2.png

Last edited:
Here's an interesting video from the same developer attempting to work through the different geometry kernels. Good under the hood info for those who might be using CAD every day. At a minimum I think it will at least need constraints and measuring tools to pull me in.

Back