Plastic safe threadlocker?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoltan

Reaction score
I'm working on a project where I have small metal screws going into nuts embedded in a plastic body. I don't want to use a normal threadlocker like the blue Loctite since I won't be able to keep it off the plastic as I assemble the two parts. I've done some research into plastic safe options for threadlockers, and the best recommendation I've found thus far is Krazy Glue. However, in my own tests, it doesn't seem to provide much threadlocking strength.

So, what are my other options here? I have access to the heads of the screws, so I was considering just putting some hot glue on each to keep them from turning or vibrating loose.

depending what kind of plastic you are talking about their is mamany answer
usualy I drill one size smaller drill."not 1/32" and tap that will end out pretty solid
or I will put a small drop of acetone when I'm almost done threading, acetone will
melt your plastic
good luck

:eek:......and we're paying big bucks for Loctite.....that the Dollar store has as Crazy Glue......:D

Latest posts

Back