Plain ol' mill engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davyboy

Reaction score
I love those "mill engines". Sooo, here is my version. I started on a slow day at work with some crap-o-cad, them went home and put it on auto-cad to help hold scale and organize a little better.
MillEngine.jpg

Looking at 3/8 inch bore x 3/4" stroke and sketched with 2" flywheel.
On Friday and Saturday, in between winterizing the house, I played in the shop. Here is a mock-up of some roughed out parts. tried a 2" flywheel blank, but the 3" blank looks a little mo' better to me.
3Inch02.jpg

The valve has me a little puzzled, but I'm thinking on using a 3/8 x 1/8 flat stock slider with some 1/16" holes and slots like this. The green block would be the piston and the red block is the valve, with the crank rotation / timing on the left.
Valve.jpg

I hope this gets my idea across, This plan has been rolling around in my head for along time. I also hope I can git er done before its too cold outside to work in the garage... We'll keep you posted.

DB

It is looking great! And it looks like you quite a few of the bits located as well!

Keep us up on the build!

Way to go, will follow this with interest :D

Regards
Bob

Back