Pile of parts found on eBay

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Paso_Kid

Reaction score
I saw this on eBay and decided to bid on it. I ended up being the only bidder so I got is at a fairly reasonable price. It arrived in the mail on Saturday September 26, 2020.

Attachments

• Item #367a.jpg
    Item #367a.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 737
On Sunday I went through all of the parts. There were parts to three different projects and not enough to finish any one of them. I dry assembled what there was of this steam engine to determine what was there and what needs to be made. The parts were fairly well machined. As there were no plans that came with this I will just have to take measurements and start machining the various parts that are needed to complete this steam engine.

Attachments

• IMG_1605.jpg
    IMG_1605.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 345
On Monday I machined one of the valve assemblies and the various connecting rods. I decided to work on just the first cylinder. Once I get everything measured and machined to make that cylinder run all I will have to do is make another set for the second cylinder.

Attachments

• IMG_1614.jpg
    IMG_1614.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 275
On Tuesday I machined a few more parts and was able to align and connect the piston and valve to the crank shaft.

Attachments

• IMG_1615.jpg
    IMG_1615.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 311
Well done, great effort and satisfying to see it run without binding.
Ted from down under

Well done, great effort and satisfying to see it run without binding.
Ted from down under
Thanks,

Once I get the second cylinder running I will see how well it does. I might still have to make some crossheads to prevent any binding of the pistons.

Wow, quite a haul. How come I never find that stuff????? ;-)

The second cylinder and valve turned out to be a bit more of a challenge than the first cylinder. I eventually got it working to a point. I then made the manifold for the steam intake with a quick connector for the air hose.

Attachments

• IMG_1620.jpg
    IMG_1620.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 197

Latest posts

Back