Photobucket pics not in order???

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generatorgus

Reaction score
I've been experiencing this problem for quite a while now.

I upload my pictures to Photobucket in an album specific to that build, as my build progresses, but they never appear in the correct order numerically.
As I'm sure most of the cameras we use, mine included, assign those numbers in the timeline the pictures are taken. Those numbers should indicate that timeline to Photobucket.
I never rename or change the numbers. It doesn't take much thinking that they should appear on Photobucket as "Newest first" or "Oldest first" depending on what option I choose.
They never do, they are in random order, which can really complicate things when posting a thread, and you have a bunch of pictures in the album. I have to scroll thru the pages to find the pictures I posted 5 minutes earlier. A post I may have spent an hour or more writing, takes way longer to post and can get confusing trying to find the pics I'm looking for.
Do others of you have the same problem and is there something I can do to correct this??

GUS

Forgot to add that Photobucket help doesn't seem to cover this issue, and my internet searches keep bringing up "out of order" pictures that others have posted there. Seems there is a cult that thinks they make great subject matter.

Last edited:
Not only are they not is order, the order can change. Have no idea how to combat this, other than to drop Photobucket. I'm going good to be able to upload photos, so am lost at sea when comtemplating such problems.

In other words, I just "sucked it up". Seems I do that a lot these days.

Bill

Just above where the first photo appeard but is now an upload icon there is "order by" you can change that to custom, oldest first, newest first etc. You also have the organise tab which lets you move the photos about while it is on, once you turn it off they stay where you put them. It works for me OK

pb.JPG

Last edited:
Bill, suck it up is what I've been doing, but I just have to say "it's gotta stop now".:mad:
I was going to make a post today involving ten pictures or so, but I didn't.
I have to figure this out.

Jason, I just tried the organize tab, by moving two pictures. They stayed where I put them. But I'm thinking that new pictures may still be dropped helter skelter in the bunch and I'll have still have to arrange them.
I'll try that tomorrow when I upload the new pics, I don't have time right now, my shop is waiting for me.:)
Thanks
GUS

Latest posts

Back