Photo Not Found errors when browsing?

Discussion in 'HMEM Forum Support & Suggestions' started by matthew-s, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Dec 15, 2015 #1

matthew-s

matthew-s

matthew-s

I use Tapatalk to access this site. Often I get an image of a kitten with a "photo not found" message.

I'm logged into the site, as I am to post this yet still often no photos.

Is this a Tapatalk issue? Someone's photo hosting blocking traffic? Or something else?

I do love looking at the build photos!

Thanks!

2. Dec 15, 2015 #2

Admin

Admin

Admin

Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

There is a dedicated HMEM app on Google Play and that is the app that is the "official one". Tapatalk has been changing and it is not the one that is kept up, so if things are happening there, it would be best to use the HMEM dedicated app.

This thread explains it and has a link to android or ios.

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/showthread.php?t=18662

3. Dec 15, 2015 #3

Blogwitch

Blogwitch

Blogwitch

Ex Bogstandard

It just might be an old post where people have left and deleted their photos from a site such as Photobucket.

I made a mistake a few years back where Photobucket deleted thousands of my piccies and so all my posts had the pictures missing.
    Luckily, I always store my photos on my computer and uploaded them again, but unfortunately, Photobucket puts them in a different location, so this site has the wrong address for them.
    I did manage to get a lot of my posts modified with the new links, but it is very time consuming as it has to be done with every individual picture. Another thing is that after a certain time, old posts can't be edited to allow that to happen.

If ever you come across one of my posts with no photos (under Bogstandard or Blogwitch), if you contact me with a link to the post, I will only be too happy to send you the pics by email.

John

4. Dec 15, 2015 #4

matthew-s

matthew-s

matthew-s

Hmm. That seems to work. Thanks!

5. Dec 15, 2015 #5

10K Pete

10K Pete

10K Pete

Which is exactly why a site should host the photos! Valuable information is
    lost to history when the photos 'disappear'. That's the problem with this modern
    method.

Pete

6. Dec 15, 2015 #6

Blogwitch

Blogwitch

Blogwitch

Ex Bogstandard

Pete,

Don't want to get into site politics, but the reason people keep their photos on an external hoster is to stop this or any other site owner trying to claim copyright of someone's property.
    This has caused major upsets and discussions over the years on numerous sites, and is why a lot of us don't like putting pictures etc directly to any site. We like to have control of our own property.

John

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  7. Dec 16, 2015 #7

10K Pete

10K Pete

10K Pete

John,

I don't know about the history or discussions of same, and certainly don't want
    to get into any of it.

But I do want to say that personally I consider any photos or words or anything
    that I create to be my intellectual property. That's the basis of my statement.

To others reading this, please let's not take this thread into the depths of a
    big legal/ethical/historical/political discussion. I just expressed my opinion.

If you wish, you may PM to me links to threads/discussions and I will read
    them.

Thank you,
    Pete