PHOTO bucket

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone can post photos and text to this forum as easily as Angie says

why would anyone want to use a 3rd party host.

OK i understand some people will want to store all their photos on a cloud

somewhere for safety but i imagine that most of us (OLDER) folk would be happy to save our files the old fashion way on a separate hard drive or Even a cheap USB memory stick and put away in a drawer.I for one will have no need

for photobucket or any other cloud. Once i get into it i will also pay for a subscription to HMEM and get rid of the annoying adds

Lets not forget old tech like writeable CD's and DVD's. In any event getting in the habit of backing up important stuff is something every computer user must adjust to. Frankly multiple back up to different devices is a good idea, as is checking that the backups actually work.

Why would I want to? My phone pushes images to photobucket automatically and Adobe Lightroom pushes my camera photos to Photobucket with the push of a button.n Once they are there, I can embed them in an email or post them on a forum.

I'm sorry guys, when photobucket finally locks me out, thats it, I won't be updating any links or copying to a forum server. THousands of informative posts I've made in countless forums ove r the years will be consigned to the scrap bin.

And remember

worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif

Let me translate that for the future when Photobucket switches me off "This thread is worthless without pics"

I think the lesson here is that you cant rely upon one storage location for file security. Data loss, intentional or not, happens!

I think the lesson here is that you cant rely upon one storage location for file security. Data loss, intentional or not, happens!

Yup, Photobucket, my 12 Tb NAS and more recently my phone is pushing them to Google as well. The all of a sudden Samsung wants to make a copy too!

Back