Philip Duclos oscillating engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gg89220

Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
hello
4-stroke engine with hit & miss regulation
IMG_4291 [800x600].JPG
IMG_4294 [800x600].JPG
IMG_4295 [800x600].JPG
IMG_4296 [800x600].JPG
IMG_4297 [800x600].JPG
IMG_4298 [800x600].JPG
vdocuments.mx_the-shop-wisdom-of-philip-duclos-by-the-home-shop-machinis3t.jpg
vdocuments.mx_the-shop-wisdom-of-philip-duclos-by-the-home-shop-machinist.jpg
vdocuments.mx_the-shop-wisdom-of-philip-duclos-by-the-home-shop-machinist1.jpg

Actually, it is quite simple. I built one a few years ago, and it performs very well. The only issue I had was that the o-ring seal between the bearing stand that doesn't move and the carburetor that does wears out very quickly and then it leaks air and the engine won't idle down very well. Duclos went out of his way to make it appear complex, but it has no more parts than any other simple hit and miss engine.--Brian

I've built that one also. It really isn't that complex. It uses a SHCS for the cam, a little rough, but it works. Intake and exhaust through the same pillar.
I had a little trouble keeping the plug lead on as the plug oscillates with the cylinder. Fun little engine, and mine ran well too!
Doug

[QUOTE = "Sprocket, post: 349608, membro: 49"]
Valvole interessanti, ma perché no.
Mia moglie si riferisce alle valvole come "quelle cose che sembrano chiodi".
[/CITAZIONE]
ciao , ho visto il tuo motore , anche io sono appassionato , ti chiedo se si possono avere i disegni completi per la costruzione . grazie

That looks and sounds great.

The design is a little different, but provides lots of interesting actions to watch.

Maybe some day I'll get around to attempting this one.

Thank You for positing.

--ShopShoe

Latest posts

Back