peteski and Tanter

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugnut

Reaction score
I saw you two lurking in the shadows, don’t be afraid to jump in and become one of us. What are you building or want to build? We don’t bite, we just want to help and share.
Mel

Mel
If the day job doesn't work out, I think i can get you on as a bar barker down on Bourbon Street...ROFL. I do like your style.

Steve

I wan't to build anything and everything. But I don't I'm just starting to learn maching so I lurk and see what I can learn. I just bought my logan 820 lathe about a year ago, after wanting one for a lot longer. So alot of this is still over my head. But reading the post's on here is helping. There are some of the nicest people on here that are willing to help I love this site. Another site I look at it seems It's a problem to ask questions. Thank you for starting this site.

And by the way it's Tranter :D
John

Sorry, Tranter about misspelling your name, my thumbs get confused in the evening, making typing a chore. I won’t tell if you don’t, but it’s “machining” :) These guys will be more than happy to help you with any questions about the art, some of the best hang out here.
Mel

Welcome John,

Glad you are starting to post. Heck, sometimes I have to ask three, four or ten times before I understand somethings. :?

Kenny

Welcome John,
If the experience amongst the members on here can't help you get started I don't think any other site will.
Just ask the questions or tell us the problem and your post will soon be full of people trying to help you.
We all had to start somewhere.

John

John, first learn and understand the hazards and safety issues of the lathe.
Having done that, there is no better way of really leaning machining than
by making chips. If it looks or sounds bad it most likely IS a bad thing.
The machine will let you know what it wants.

peteski, isn't a machinist's life grand? We are on mandatory 50Hrs a week
but they don't mind at all if you want to work more than that...
bang.gif

Welcome Both of you!

Rick

Back