Pegboard tool storage - taking some of the misery out

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Morrow

Reaction score
Somewhere I read that far too many of us hate pegboard storage in our shops. That might be a bit strong but for those of us who do use it, the holes are often in just the wrong place, not enough holes, and not enough of the right hangers / hooks. And rearranging the board can be a major pain.

For a number of years, I've been making up my own tool storage boards which normally each use just 2 hangers to attach to my pegboards. The versatility, for me, really takes most of the frustration out of pegboard storage. And, it can be far more efficient use of the available space.

Here's a Google Doc that I made up with some pics and description :
Pegboard storage

A couple pics :

pegboard-storage-IMG_6383-djm (Medium).JPG

pegboard-storage-IMG_6380-djm (Medium).JPG

That looks nice. You remind me I have been reading a good old book with loads of workshop hints and tips, one of which is to use small bits of scrap dexion for the pokey-out little racks you have carefully made in ply. There's a lot of useful holes of various sizes in dexion!

I have done something similar, but have actually attached it to the pegboard using plastic drywall anchors. Works fairly well, with a bit of experimenting on the size of anchor and screw.

Back