Peewee V4

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work, still havent had any time on mine, got the ignition bench tested the other day distributer spun by hand and fires all four plugs, earning a living keeps interfering with progress.
Great work as always you are getting close now to.

Nice work, still havent had any time on mine, got the ignition bench tested the other day distributer spun by hand and fires all four plugs, earning a living keeps interfering with progress.
Great work as always you are getting close now to.

Thanks Dave
I still have a away to go
Hope you can get back to you build soon, you are ahead of me
Look forward to more pics of build

Michael

Started to get the block setup so cylinders can be bored
The block is mounted on a rod going through the crank shaft tunnel

View attachment ImageUploadedByModel Engines1471866950.250803.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByModel Engines1471866965.284149.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByModel Engines1471866987.364144.jpg

The dividing head will be set on zero, so it can then be rotated 45 in both directions so the top of the cylinders will be at the same angle from the Center line

View attachment ImageUploadedByModel Engines1471867005.996027.jpg

A dial gauge was used to make sure the rod is parallel in both directions ( from the top and from the side of the bar)
The bar is 1/2inch silver steel with a Center hole drilled in each end

Last edited:
The way the block is setup now will be how it will stay until the cylinder bores and head bolt holes are drilled
Also the top of the block will be machined to the correct dimensions ( from the center of the crank shaft to the top of the cylinders) a small amount will left to machine off after the cylinder liners have been installed, so that the block will be flat all the way across

View attachment ImageUploadedByModel Engines1471919641.380960.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByModel Engines1471919659.524777.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByModel Engines1471919683.206577.jpg

Finally got the cylinders install and machined off level with the block

View attachment ImageUploadedByModel Engines1497252314.963689.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByModel Engines1497252330.617021.jpg

Put the block in the oven for an hour at 250 deg and the cylinders in the freezer
Installed one cylinder at a time put the block back in the oven for around 10 to 15 minutes between cylinders
The cylinders fell in the block with out any pressure and when the block could they were tight
Now I need to hone the cylinders and then make the pistons and rods

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back