Peewee V4

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you making it thicker than the plans say or thinning it down? I had issues trying to successfully make it thin enough from solid so ended up making it 2 pieces, 1 piece of plate and then the 'snout', then joined them together.

I did make it a little thicker, it's.078

Looks thicker in the photo because there is a lip around the edge at the moment

Hi Michael
Your coming along great, I have yet to make the front gear cover.
I have made a lot of parts this trip offshore and will post some pics as soon as I get home in another couple of days with a better internet connection.
I made the rear adapter plate yesterday, luckily I did not cut the corners off until after fitting the cast bell housing and I had to make the cuts much smaller than the drawing specifies, my bell housing bolt bosses are out of square by over 6 mm or .250
Please check your bell housing before cutting the mitred corners on the adapter plate.
I also started on a radiator of my own design, what are you doing for a rad?

Your parts look great can't wait to see it run!!!

Dave

Hi Michael
Your coming along great, I have yet to make the front gear cover.
I have made a lot of parts this trip offshore and will post some pics as soon as I get home in another couple of days with a better internet connection.
I made the rear adapter plate yesterday, luckily I did not cut the corners off until after fitting the cast bell housing and I had to make the cuts much smaller than the drawing specifies, my bell housing bolt bosses are out of square by over 6 mm or .250
Please check your bell housing before cutting the mitred corners on the adapter plate.
I also started on a radiator of my own design, what are you doing for a rad?

Your parts look great can't wait to see it run!!!

Dave

Hi Dave
Good to here you are make parts looking forward to the pictures, thanks for the tip on the bell housing

I will probably make a radiator similar to the one on my silver bullet but maybe an extra 2 or 3 tubes to make it wider

Michael

I've been watching but haven't commented until now. This is an amazing
build and I'm very excited to see that the engine will be running pretty
soon. Great work and a great log.

Pete

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByModel Engines1450691389.126867.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 690
Last edited:
Hi Michael,
I just came across your build thread and started back at the beginning and read through it. You are doing some outstanding work on your engine. The finish with the anodized parts will make a striking engine when finished.
If I might make a suggestion. When I built my small inline 4 cylinder engine it was the first engine that had a radiator and cooling system. I made a small fan similar to the one that you have built and after I got the engine running I noticed that there was no noticeable amount of air moving so I changed the fan, both in diameter but especially the pitch. It still doesn't move a lot of air but it's much better than when I first built it. If you can't get away with a larger diameter then give the blades quite a bit more pitch.
gbritnell

Hi Michael,
I just came across your build thread and started back at the beginning and read through it. You are doing some outstanding work on your engine. The finish with the anodized parts will make a striking engine when finished.
If I might make a suggestion. When I built my small inline 4 cylinder engine it was the first engine that had a radiator and cooling system. I made a small fan similar to the one that you have built and after I got the engine running I noticed that there was no noticeable amount of air moving so I changed the fan, both in diameter but especially the pitch. It still doesn't move a lot of air but it's much better than when I first built it. If you can't get away with a larger diameter then give the blades quite a bit more pitch.
gbritnell

Thank you for your kind comments

The fan is the same as on my silver bullet, I have not twisted the blades as yet, I will do that on final assembly of the front plate and fan hub.

Thank you for pointing it out though

Michael

Great work as always Michael, your holes in the adapter plate look nice and Square, your bell housing bosses must have been good?

Great work as always Michael, your holes in the adapter plate look nice and Square, your bell housing bosses must have been good?

Thank you Dave

I remembered what you said about the holes, but unfortunately it wasn't until I made the plate.

But as there are pores castings I will make a new bellhousing so the holes will line up

Might make it in 2 pieces

Michael

Latest posts

Back