Peewee V4

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a bit more progress on the distributor

IMG_5017.jpg

IMG_5019.jpg

IMG_5020.jpg

IMG_5022.jpg

IMG_5026.jpg

IMG_5028.jpg

IMG_5030.jpg

IMG_5032.jpg

IMG_5033.jpg

IMG_5035.jpg

Third time lucky
Can't believe it took 3 goes to get the carb right, stupid mistakes

Looks great though. I decided not to put the grooves with a ball nose on mine, it took far too long to make it and if I ruin it I'll have to make a third one as well (you're not on your own with stupid mistakes).

What's next?

Interesting. Is it a special chemical additive or more of a physical process? I've seen a few ways of gun blueing but I've yet to try any yet.

Interesting. Is it a special chemical additive or more of a physical process? I've seen a few ways of gun blueing but I've yet to try any yet.

It's in liquid form just rub it on until your happy with the look
The bottle I have is almost empty, I got some more off eBay waiting for it to arrive, then I will put some more on and then polish it up

Another thing I have yet to try. I got hold of some proper dyes at least a year ago but haven't found the sulphuric acid yet. I remember when you could buy it at the auto shops but they don't sell it anymore.

I was thinking of maybe anodising some of the front features and maybe the intake manifold on the Peewee (when I find the acid) so it'll be cool to see how yours turn out first.

Latest posts

Back