PartingToolHolder

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paolo

Reaction score
Some times ago I tried To buy one of this...But ..Definitively I decided to do one...I prepared some drawings an just few hours ago..DONE!!
p.s If someone is interested I'll edit the CAD drawings
General wiew
PTH2.jpg

...another...
PTH3.jpg

major components
PTH.jpg

PTH1.jpg

Good looking tool there. Right now i'm using a cemented carbide cutoff tool. But I have a few hss blades and need a holder. I may go this route.
Tim

Very nice Paolo!

From the looks of the holder you could very easily make your own indexable tools as well.

Cheers,

BW

If that is the A/100 size I would not mind a set of the drawings. I have been wanting a second parting holder. They are good for grooving tools as well.
Nice work.
Tin

Hi Tin
I don't know if this is an A/100 size but it measure 25x25x54 mm
Paolo

BobWarfield said:
Very nice Paolo!

looks of thFrom the e holder you could very easily make your own indexable tools as well.

Cheers,

BW

What exactly does indexable imply/mean.

Regards,

Rich.

In this context, tooling that uses carbide inserts.

BW

Thanks Bob, I used those types of tips way back in the seventies, you could use all three sides, but I still can't grasp the "indexable" bit. :-[

Regards,

Rich.

Rich, Indexing means to divide up into parts, its commonly used in the context of machining to means segments of a rotation or dividing a circle up into equal parts. If a carbide insert is say three or four sides it indexable; that is it can be taken our rotated and put back in in a different 'indexed' position. since so many inserts are indexable, some may use it, erroneously me thinks, as a general term for carbide inserts whether they are indexable or not.

In this case indexable means the replacement tip is installed at the same place in reference to the part as the old one this is most important to save time with CNC. The a replaceable carbide tips are made as grooving /parting inserts as well.
Tin

Sorry for the delay..Rolled steel is my preferred material...
Cheers
Paolo

Paola could you post the pictures again they haved been "moved or deleted" is the message i get! always looking for good parting tool!
regards Max...........

Yessssssssssss.....Immediatelly.... :bow:
Sorry

Latest posts

Back