Other hobbies and interests

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I collect and restore small antique engines.
In fact making parts for those engines was the original reason for
my building a home machine shop.

Just a few of my favorites...

1934 Maytag Model 92M
Maytag%2092M%20Finished%20Starter%20Side.jpg

1935 Briggs Model Y
1935%20Model%20Y%20%20Done%20Front%20with%20Starter%20Cover.jpg

1924 Jaeger Mixer Engine
(It still needs a thing or two, :-\)
Jaeger%20Hercules%20As%20Received%201.jpg

Rick

Still machinist related but I enjoy building minichoppers and such:
1003945iv5.jpg

1003919ho1.jpg

1003835pe9.jpg

rollingballsculptureoq0.jpg

1001948cf9.jpg

Kustomkb,

Love that three wheeler. It looks like the engine / transmission is under the seat. What's all that stuff between the front wheels?

Chuck

I started riding about 3 years ago. Fixing up my old KZ650 has kind of turned into a hobby. There are a lot of cast and machined parts here made buy me. I've done all the work myself I made the fiberglass chin scoop and did all the paint. The saddle bags were off of Ebay. I had to buy 5 to get 2 that I could use. The fiberglass in the lids was fixed on both of those as well. Notice the 59' Caddy tail lights:O) I made some little adapters so they would fit.
Paint002.jpg

I still have more to do to it when I get time. I was riding till the roads got slick:O)

Wes

Powder keg said:
Nice yard Mike. I like your little pond. I've been thinking about building something like that.

Wes

liner, pump, fountain, rocks and fish I have less than $150 into it and at also serves as a big water dish for my animals. I had a small square of grass there before and we like th pond much better. Its about 8' X 8' and about 2 feed deep.

Im using a 1,200 GPH pump with a Y valve, one end is wide open as a bypass and the other end lets me adjust the fountain spray hight.

I left it running this winter and it never froze over.

pondice.jpg

I think the 1/6 HP pump must make some heat. last year I just unplugged the pump and left it in place and it froze about 6" thick on top. I could walk on it.

we do have mild winters in walla walla. I think if you went deep enough it would only freeze so far.

We burry pipes here 6' deep for a reason:O) Hard water is bad for them.

Wes

I working on a job for a guy. Drilling 1.5" holes 22" deep:O)
Tropicossixpack002.jpg

Home made drill bit, coolant through the center.

Thought some might like to se, Wes

2 of my other hobby's are
Web Design and Mechanics.

Future project:
Build my first steam engine
Learn as much as pos. about steam power and boilers.

I've also dabbled some with gunsmithing. This is a .25 caliber CO2 powered airgun I built this last year. It puts out about 20 FPE with 27 grain, .25 caliber pellets. Yeah, that's me in the video:

FinishedGun.jpg

[youtube=425,350]1n-EXv5lLbE[/youtube]

Chuck

Engines, go-karts/buggies, almost anything elses.
Here are some pics of the kart I built my some.
MVC-012S.jpg

MVC-002S.jpg

Whats on my work bench right now?
MVC-020S.jpg

One of these will hopefully power my a kart in the future 8)
MVC-023S.jpg

MVC-022S.jpg

Interesting stuff there .

I used to run a part time small engine business here to help support my other hobbies.
I know of guys who would "blueprint" Briggs engines for racing carts.
Things like re-boring the cylinders at an angle for a longer stroke, fitting them with
steel retainer plates to keep the head bolts for pulling the threads under the pressure
of burning alcohol... 50MPH on 8" tires in the straights... Crazy Stuff! LOL

I never got into that arena, but was always interested in listening to their how-to's...

Rick

Thats a neat kart. One day I will build one.

What is the second engine? The one with the fan... looks like some kinda v-twin.

Eric

Rick, I always wanted to try out the racing carts. Seems like every other town here has one. But too much cost and learning curve.

Eric, The small one is a Honda CB360, the other is a Honda GL 500.

I was going to say that engine looked familiar? My wife rides a CB360. I'm redoing the valves on it right now.

Wes

Wes, You don't happen to have the wiring schematics for it, do ya?

Latest posts

Back