Opposed 4 Air(craft) Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfellows

Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I'm considering this done for now. I was going to add exhaust pipes, but I kind of like the look and sound as is. I'll have to think about it some more. Also thinking about putting together plans for it.

2a675444.jpg

760e04ea.jpg

c4d07f37.jpg

87e8e02d.jpg

fc3c6ccf.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFs24p4jYvQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFs24p4jYvQ[/ame]

Chuck

Hi Chuck, I would be very great-full if you put together a set of plans.

I would love to build your engine, and I'm sure others would too!

-MB

Wow! That made some sounds like the real deal on start up for a second or two. Beautiful sound. Oh, and Chuck, you forgot to yell "CLEAR!!!" before throwing the juice to it. :big:

BC1
Jim

Chuck, that is a beautifully built-and-sounding engine :bow: :bow: - and it makes my hands itch to try it for my first multi-cylinder engine!
I've read your build log on it - a couple of times over already - and I must say this is a truly inspirational build. I love the elegant simplicity of your design, and especially your "slave exhaust valves" - BRILLIANT!

Plans would be nice, but your engine is so good I'd even attempt to try to imitate it without plans. :-[ Do you mind taking a photo of it with a rule next to the block for scale though ?

Kind regards, Arnold

Chuck,

Magic stuff, congratulations; more "Fantastic Fellows." :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Shades of Vee Dub! Even down to the sound!

It's a beautiful engine, but it's the sound that really gets me.

Great looking and sounding engine Chuck!

I really like the lightening holes in the stand, it really adds to the aircraft theme.

Nicely done Chuck :bow: :bow: :bow:

Super realistic sound. Great display.

Jeff

Wow chuck nice engine and like others have already said great sound . I have only been up in a small plane a few times but that little engine sounds like the real deal.
Tin

I had the privilege of seeing this one in person tonight. It sounds even better in person. Sign me up for plans too.

Very nice, very nice indeed Chuck. Wonderful sound too... You can put me on the list for plans also. Excellant work Chuck
John

Well Chuck,

You've done it again! :bow: :bow:

Nice work Sir!

Regards, Joe

its a work of art chuck
the exposed timing gears really work on this engine
(I mean it looks great lol )
id like to attempt it too but i do know know if i would be able to do it justice
Pete

Great looker and runs great, I heard the word plans, there might be plans, that would be a great Christmas gift under the tree, if ever there are available please count me in going to start looking for a prop, thanks again, Lathe Nut

What everybody else said. I had to play it 3 times. Really like that sound. Are plans/drawings in the making? ironman (Ray) Thm:

Beautiful work Chuck. And like everyone said, the sound is awesome.

Fantastic little runner sounds like the real deal :bow:

Latest posts

Back