One More; Morrison & Marvin Model Builders Vise

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely vise. I have already a couple of them but looking at your work I feel the need of one ;-)

Hi Jaamieg

This is an enjoyable little project and a very nice kit of castings and parts. The castings are investment cast 4140 so if you choose to put to use, it will be plenty strong.

Thanks for the comments,
Dave

Hi Dave,

I've only just found this post, but beautiful work. I do like the quality of those castings too, especially compared to some of the stuff we get around here - very envious!

Keep up the good work :)

Dclark and Omnimill

Thanks for the kind words!

Dave

Hello, just registered and I know this is an old thread but anyone ever got a bronze casting of the Morrison and Marvin model builders vise?

I bought the 4140 casting a few months back and was told that only dead stock remained. I procrastinated and these kits were sold out. I hoped to get another as a spare. After contacting the company I got assured they had 2 left and when they arrived, they were in bronze! I asked about them but no reply from the company yet. I prefer 4140 casting then bronze. Very beautiful vise and this has trumped the Wilton baby bullet in my books! I love miniature things and so glad M&M made this. It’s both functional and so beautifully made.

Attachments

• B7EEE267-31B5-4290-8C8E-6239506CD277.jpeg
    B7EEE267-31B5-4290-8C8E-6239506CD277.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back