old tractor LANZ HP 4WD 1923 (scale 1/4)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZAPJACK

Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Dear all,
I'm really disappointed because I want to be more active on HMEM, but not yet retired and have "only" 28hours in a day.
I start a very exciting model build in Germany by JT-modelle (Tobias & Klaus)
Don't hesitate to take a look on www.jt-modelle.com
Quality castings in Cast-iron, Aluminium, Zamac, folded steel profiles, internal-gear, etc...
Two stroke engine, differentials, reductor, clutch, gearbox, it's a very complete kit.
I wil also keep your attention about the "5 stars" "after-sales" service.
LeZap
Detailansichten 2.pdf

3:4 Arrière.jpg

3:4 avant.jpg

I start the kit with the machining of the wheels. at first, the flanges from bar-stock aluminium foil. After that, machining in steel the diabolo form bearing holder. Four time the same. Start the assembling of the spikes, rims, everything with copper rivets and rivets-gun.
The supplier for the rivets-gun and the rivets is www.ateliermb.com in Switzerland.
Regards
LeZap

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Looking great so far. Thanks for sharing.

That looks like an outstanding model. The video clip on https://www.jt-modelle.com/ is very intriguing.

Is the kit sold by jt-modelle.com or somewhere else? I did not see any kit information on their website.

Please keep us posted with your progress.

The aluminium casting block is aways a problem, because there is no flat side
And you need to check to have, at mins, two faces flat and square at 90°
Boring is also a challenging job, because it's a long bore with vibration risks for the tool.
There is an idea of tooling made from 20mm silver steel and HSSCo cutting end.
I made also a jig of the opposite side to avoid the vibrations. The result is quiet good with an error of 0,05mm (0,002")
LeZap

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

22.jpg

Latest posts

Back