Old Bloke

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billroos47

Reaction score
Hi folks! I am new to this form of communication this is the first. My interest is model engine making ,however my problem is camshaft grinding. I have noticed the item (just another camshaft grinder) i was very impressed with it and want to know how to purchase or receive detailed drawings of it.

Kind Regards To All Members The Old Bloke

Steve: Please give more detail on the method of making cams on the lathe. Not having a decent way to make good camshafts has kept me in steam when I really want to make I.C. engines. Thanks Colin

https://www.homemodelenginemachinis...amshaft-crankshaft-grinder-accessories.27597/
Hi folks! I am new to this form of communication this is the first. My interest is model engine making ,however my problem is camshaft grinding. I have noticed the item (just another camshaft grinder) i was very impressed with it and want to know how to purchase or receive detailed drawings of it.

Kind Regards To All Members The Old Bloke

Hello Old Bloke,
Here is a link to a camshaft / crankshaft grinder I build a few years ago and sold recently.
https://www.homemodelenginemachinis...amshaft-crankshaft-grinder-accessories.27597/
Regarding making camshafts on the lathe, there is a description of the how to by ET Westbury in his article about the building of the 4 cyl. Sealion IC engine. You can search for this article on the web and I am sure you will find it.

Peter J.

Hello old bloke! There are ways to make camshafts on the lathe if the cam grinder doesn't work out. Don't let a cam grinder stop you.
Thank you for replying stevehuckss396. I already have a Macson tool & cutter grinder i just need the Tech drawings to build a camshaft grinder. My time has been spent on constructing a hit & miss engine 75% finished. This engine has taken about a year so far(part time). I have to grind a cam for it so i might as well build something worth while as i am going to build other engines after this one. Regards old bloke

Back