OK It Happened Like This....

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rake60

Reaction score
The wife was wrapping gifts to send to the Grandkids today and decided she needed some ribbon. OK, off to WalMart... While she was looking at gift wrapping supplies I was off to the tools department. Nothing new there, so electronics is always next.

I saw a Compaq computer there... 2.8GHz Pentium processor - 1015MB Ram - 250GB hard drive and a DVD/RW for $578
banghead.gif

Soon there after...

NewPC.jpg

Nice size monitor!

NewPCMonitor.jpg

But of course I bought it for HER photography business!!!!!
(Pay no attention to that image on the screen) ;)

Geek??? What's a Geek?????? LOL

Rick

Been looking to replace one of my systems that took a lightening strike, sometime back, but have been loathe to spend the bucks. You've just shared a possible solution. Thanks Rick.

As a side note, I just read the announcement that CompUSA is closing its doors after the holidays and going out of business. They couldn't find any buyers for the company. It mentioned heavy discounting to sell down inventory before they close. I'm dropping in tomorrow for a look see.

Steve

That must be your Wife's computer work area!!! Mine never was that neat when there was nothing on it!!!
Two of my co-workers just bought the same outfit and are very pleased with it.
I never did find anything at CompUSA that I wanted more than they did.
JG

Cedge, CompUSA closed in our area a few months back, and their "once in a lifetime" deals were about 10% off the normal price. Of course, there were no returns, exchanges, etc. Myself, I'd pay the 10% to make sure that when i got it home it wasn't a boat anchor. Maybe with them closing completely, they will discount the items enough to make it worth while.

Last christmas we got the kid an e-machine 3.3 gh, 160 gig hd, +/- dvdr.

Its a solid unit but we are wanting dual core or quad cores now.

Now a new Compaq is an HP and HP is #1 to me, they make rock solid boxes.

We have a backup box thats an 333mh PII 10 gig HD that works like a champ, its almost 10 years old and boots in 2 minutes, we dont run it but we can maybe put linuxe on it and use it as a media router/server.

myself I want lots of ram, dual 2 or quad core cpu, sata drives, 2-4 gigs of ram with up to 8 gig. video with dual tv tuner and dual dvr.. and 4 operating systems Vista,Xp pro, xp home and Linux.

I need a new box bad this 2.4 gh P4 80 GHD 256 meg of ram monter is just to old to fool with. I dont belive in upgrades unless you have too much money. I will put it in a new box and be happy.

We have 3 computers online and the old spare, I also have a portable dard drive for backups and os changes.

Damn computers are fun...

Latest posts

Back