Oilfield "Pumpjack" model plans

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROPECLAMPPLATE-1.jpg

So, there you have it, fellows. There is always more that I can do with a set of plans, but this is as far as I am going to take this one for now. I've used up a couple or 3 days of "boredom time", and I think I have done up a fairly decent set of engineering drawings. As I said at the outset, I am not planning on building this (at least not now). I want someone else to build it, and I want to see and hear about it as you do. (Preferably either on this thread, or on a new "build thread" that you start). If you are going to download and save the plans, give me a karma point in appreciation. I know there will be questions, and eventually I will do up a nice assembly drawing for this. This looks to me like a very nice addition to a "Dynamic Display" driven by your engine of choice.----Brian
PUMPJACKINRAISEDPOSITION.jpg

PUMPJACKINLOWEREDPOSITION.jpg

Nice work on the plans and drawings Brian! :bow:

Rick

Nice work Brian - I will more than likely build one of these, substituting steel for the ali in most places and adding some detail. Won't be for a while tho' - got a couple of other projects to finish up first.

Heres a karma just for drawing them up and posting them.

Thanks Brian.

Ron

Brian,

Thanks for designing/drawing a Pumpjack and posting it on the forum.

Karma for a job well done.

SAM

Worked for me, 1 karma for you.

Brian, back in the 50's I can remember going to the local store near the area where I live and passing by a lot of oil field pumping jacks and there was this little one only about three feet tall, as the years passed I stopped where the pump was and it was pumping fresh water into a tanks and there were lines going to houses in the area, a wooden tank, rusty lines but that is all the water they had, I thought they were really up town we were still using the shallow well with the hand pump on it, when I pass though that area again I will take a picture of that little pump, one of the small oil companies has it at there place by the road, thanks for all the work you did on this project, Lathe Nut

Brian thank you for this new project, a very beautiful add-on for any engine

I can't download the file from the link that you have provided, but a karma point was left anyway

ariz said:
Brian thank you for this new project, a very beautiful add-on for any engine

I can't download the file from the link that you have provided, but a karma point was left anyway

Ariz---Many other people have downloaded from the link I provided with no trouble. I'm not sure what problem you are having, can you explain why you can not download it? I will try and help you.----Brian

I would put the file in the downloads section on this forum, but I can't remember how.--Can someone tell me please.---Brian

thank you Brian, but I tried again just now and it worked without any problem
thanks again

Back