Oil Pull tractor

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rutzen

Reaction score
Hi does anyone Know where I could get a drawing [general arrangement] of a Rumeley Oil pull tractor. I am thinking of making a model using a Hit and miss engine. Thanks.

Well...I kind of started designing this...http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/topic,9186.msg203838.html#msg203838

The only plans I could find for anything similar were Rudy's as mentioned in my post.

John

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 239
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 276
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Thank you John, are there any dimensions on those? Which were Rudy's plans you mention?

The plans "A Stirling-Powered Tractor" were published in "The shop wisdom of Rudy Kouhoupt" volume 3. Rudy mentions it is "About 1/12 Scale".
Some dimensions To give you an idea...
Frame rails 13-1/8" lg.
Rear wheel ( rims) 4-11/16 Dia. X 1-1/8 wd.
Front wheel (rims) 3-1/16 Dia. X 9/16 wd.
It can be operated to disengage the drive wheels with a lever.

Might be a bit small for adapting a small IC engine to, but could be scaled up. Often wondered about the "Webster"....

John

Edit: Found this drawing I created...

Attachments

• rudys-stirling.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 428
Last edited:
I have just been asking the same question on the Model Engineer and was directed to Smoke Stack forum there is a bit of info but only a bit
Les Proper has one on his youtube channel
My idea was to use a flame gulper as per Les but in a larger scale to compliment my Stirling tractor
Guess i will keep looking but there is not a lot of info knocking about or I may just be unlucky
cheers
frazer

Latest posts

Back