October Project of the Month

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rake60

Reaction score
Please join me in congratulating Orrin for his build of the Rider-Ericsson Hot Air Pumping Engine.
The October Project of the Month winner!

Rick

Congratulations Orrin, a well deserved recognition of a beautifully executed model.

Cheers, Joe

Congratulations Orrin

I was asleep at the wheel and didn't even get to vote this month.

Well deserved; it is a beauty.

Dave

Did anybody get to vote? I can't see a nominations thread or voting thread for October

Orrin,

Thm: th_wav woohoo1 th_confused0052

Best Regards
Bob

Bob

I can see Orrin is the winner but there's not been any member voting as in previous months. Or has there?

Pete

Pete / Dave,

There is no 'Project of the Month' any more, the title should be removed, it is more a 'showcase of work' completed in the previous month. The picture will be changed mid-month. There is now a thread started every month by the first person that completes a project in the month - read more here: http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=10608.0

Cheers,

Nick

Congratulations Orrin. That is a beautiful engine. I really like all the movement going on when it is running. I hope to tackle that one myself someday.

Orrin,

What a beautiful engine.

Its a show piece to be proud of.

SAM

Nick
It's still the project of the month, however the selection process has now defaulted to Rick, in order to keep the squabble factor from rearing its ugly head. I too hated to see the voting process die, but the thing was beginning to be a source of friction and nit picking. Everyone still has a shot at being selected, but I think Rick will probably spread the odds of smaller or less blinged projects being selected, making the thing a bit more interesting and giving more people a chance to score recognition.

Orrin...
Super work and one beautiful and deserving engine. Congrats on your selection.

Steve

Orrin, that is an absolute beauty. An heirloom piece for sure.
Congratulations.

Well deserved recognitions for an outstanding engine Orrin!!

Bill

I had missed the discussion earlier this month about the new POM system; the new way seems to work well.

Dave

Thank you, All, for your kind and generous words. For me, the joy of seeing my projects run is reward enough; but, you wonderful people have put a very tasting frosting on the cake.

At last weekend's GEARS (Gas Engine and Reproduction Show) folks displayed outstanding examples of workmanship that put this one to shame. I felt humbled by the elegance and craftsmanship of many of the creations presented there. I also feel humbled by the Project of the Month selection. Thank you, All.

Best regards,

Orrin

A well-deserved recognition, that's a beautiful looking engine you've produced there Orrin!

Latest posts

Back