Oak Base for Walking Beam

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

chiliviking

I finished the oak base for my walking beam engine and think it compliments the engine much better than the 4 spindly legs that the plan calls for.

DSCN2853.jpg

It took about four or five hours spread over 3 days to construct with a total cost of about $15 , however I already had the danish oil stain and paste wax.

DSCN2848.jpg

This was my first engine from bar stock and was a very rewarding project. I still need to replace some SHCS with hex bolts, however due to space limitations a couple will probably remain.

BLING!! :bow: :bow:

Very Nice Engine!

Bret

Absolutely beautiful !! And it sets the already exceptional engine off perfectly. Well done!!

Bill

Awww.... now that's nice :eek: ;D

Do we have it running? And a video? ... yes I know if I were patient you'd probably get a round tuit but I can't get enough of seeing them run ;D

Top job :)

Ralph.

Yeah, it runs great but I'm not sure I have the equip or knowlege to post video.

Nice work ;D engine looks great and the base finishes it off a treat.

Dave

My compliments..very well done..all two base and engine...Nice colors contrast... :eek:
Paolo

Plans are available at :

A-1 Machining Inc
PO Box 227
Flushing, MI 48433
810-487-2115

As I have discussed on the board before there are some mistakes in the plans and some features that may need to be reengineered. I used the plans more as a guide than following them strictly and made many changes as I went along.

Chili that is drop dead gorgeous!

Rick

Latest posts

Back