Nsk micrometer disassembly help

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anko

Entusiasta
Reaction score
Hi to all

I just got a this 75-100 mm Nsk mechanical digital micrometer, and works very nice! but the spindle has a little play and like all my other micrometers, the solution is to tight a little the adjusting nut.

But I can´t pull out the thimble, I turn it all the way out but it jams about 101.4mm and won´t turn anymore...

Anybody know how to get access to the adjusting nut?? the micrometerm is the one on this pic:

$T2eC16JHJI!E9qSO8Dh2BQNRWbomIw~~60_57.JPG

Anyway the micrometer works very nice, but I like to get rid of that little play.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Saludos

I have one just like it, but have never had it apart. The instructions say to remove the the ratchet stop with the spanner wrench and then unscrew the thimble until the thread adjustment nut is exposed which you turn with the spanner wench. It's not clear if you have to remove the thimble fron the spindle, but I think it is. If so it is a taper fit and it looks like the ratchet stop acts like a drawbar to keep the tapers locked. Sorry if this is confusing; the instructions are not very explicit.

RWO

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back