Noted Problems with this recent attack

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maryak said:
Admins,

Sorry to add to our woes, the "Insert quote" does not work when trying to use it in the reply area. It p@#$es me off when all I am capable of doing is adding to the problems and not the solutions.

Hang in there guys.

Best Regards
Bob

It's working here Bob ............... ???

CC

Bob, thanks! I've been looing at this until I think my head is going to spin off of my shoulders!!

There a lot of problems with the site software. From what I have been seeing throughout the day, it is intermittent issues. Sometimes my avitar displays, and other times it doesn't. Likely the same is happening to the other things as well.

Agreed CC,

I have run a thorough scan (Avast), and a full scan of Adaware and nothing to report on my local machine.

Best Regards
Bob

If you visit just this URL:

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com

without referencing the PHP modules... like this:

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php

the hack isn't working and the phoney advertisements don't show, and everything appears as it should until you visit the pages like "unread posts" or the "HOME" link.

I think that indicates that the hack is on the Forum database side of your operation...

Best of luck.

-John

To all of our members:

Thank you for your patience while we have been sorting out the extent of the recent hacker attack. A great amount of progress has been made in getting things back to normal, but there is atill a long way to go. The forum should be operating somewhat normally now, though there may still be some issues here and there. Those will be dealt with as soon as possible.

Things seem pretty much back to normal this morning. I can only imagine all the tedious work you guys had to do!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Bill

I add MY Thank You to the people who are working to get HMEM back on it's feet!

Their efforts are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Rick

To All Moderators: THANK YOU!!! Even I was surprised how depressed I became when this site was hacked. I am very glad to see that things have been repaired and I can sit here and open the site up the first thing in the morning, along with several times during the day, to read the new posts.
Thank You from the bottom of my rebuilt heart!
don

Thanks to all concerned for sorting this problem out, everything seems back to normal now!
Thanks again :)
Regards Max...........

Thanks for all your efforts! :bow: I'm not a big contributer but I check in several times a day. Cant get enough!

Well done you techy type guys, it's great to see this place back to normal. ( or as normal as it can get!!! ;D ;D ;D )

Couldn't log on to site for two days kept coming up with some junk about hotel reservations. starting to into withdrawals great site Cliff.

I say 3 Cheers for the poor, hard workin Admins!!!

issues like this are a PITA in more ways than most can count

many sites dont have full time admins and some do and still they dont get these kind of issues sorted in the ammount of time this has been

and i guess you folks also have day jobs and families you have been neglecting to get it sorted

so again i say 3 cheers to the folks , wish i was closer to send you all some home brew to relax with

thank you for all your hard work and worry

it is appreciated very much

jack

THANKS Admin...!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Cheers Paolo

To all administrators and moderators :bow: :bow: :bow:

I would like to thank you all for taking whatever time you have away from family, work and whatever else got put on the back burner, to make the repairs to HMEM to get it up and running the way it was intended. While I don't make many posts to the board, I do read all the posts made by others. In reading these post I find that I learn something new everyday. Sometimes a post will provide a link that will take you to another site that you never knew existed and you can literally spend days just poking around the site.

I think we all take things for granted sometimes. When the site goes down or has problems we realize how much we miss it and it gives us a wake up call. I believe most of us have experienced this in the past couple of days.

To this I say, thank you for the site, thank you for the hard work put in moderating the site, and thank you for keeping the spamers and other idiot's at bay so that we may continue to enjoy the site.

Thank you :bow:

Don

Guys,

Seeing the replys here make it all worth it! Thank you all very much on behalf of everyone working on the issues that we have faced over the past couple of days.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Our admins rock
headbang.gif

nuff said!

Eric

Back