Northumbrian (completed Jan 2012)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doubletop

Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
My first attempt at making a locomotive from scratch (OK I purchased castings and fittings). It was serialized in ME in 2009/10

19004.jpg

19006.jpg

Build log is here http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=15536.0

Pete

Just finished reading the link to your build log!
Excellent work all round!!!

Now if you say it can't pull you how about pulling that wombat?? :big:

Andrew

Well done!! Bravo!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

It looks beautiful. Hope to see a vid of it on the track soon.

Ron

Pete-

Congratulations. That is a beautiful engine.

Bob

What a little cracker :bow: :bow: :bow:

Great job Pete

All we need now is a video of you driving it around the track with a big grin ;D

Stew

shes a beauty alright Top job Mate
Pete

That's a beautiful piece of work, Pete. Absolutely gorgeous!

Chuck

I doff my hat to you as a measure of sincere respect for your outstanding craftsmanship. What a beauty!
Best regards,
Orrin

Thanks everybody so many encouraging replies. There's nothing like positive feedback to confirm all those hours were worthwhile, not forgetting that I enjoyed every minute of it (well apart from the few backwards steps on the way)

The track running will be some time off I'm afraid as the local 3 1/2" tracks are out of service at the moment. So it's sat on a shelf in the living room waiting for the club open day ion a few weeks. After that I'll be doing some more steaming trials.

Thanks again

Pete

Thanks John - Pay attention, follow the advice of the master and you can't go far wrong.............

That's a wonderful piece of craftsmanship of which you can be truely proud.

Me - I'll just keep a dreamin' on - one day.. one day.

Ken

Great work Pete, something for generations of your family to be proud of. I only hope my humble effort looks even half as good.
:bow: :bow: :bow:

Ken/Pete

Apologies for not acknowledging your post earlier, especially as Pete and I have been spending as much time exchanging information as we have spent in the shop.

Thanks to you both and I'm sure you'll both get there. Each time I start a new project a bit more challenging than the last I remind myself "How do you eat an Elephant" and get stuck in and just work through bit by bit.

Thanks again

Pete

Back