Northern Model Engineering Exhibition

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ill hopfully be there stew on the sunday may see you , you cannot miss me ,ill be the one swearing at all the old F**ts with bags of castings on there back that keep turning around a smacking me in the face, sorry for the moan but happens every time, so anyone carrying a bag look out for people in a chair's when you walk about.
looking forward to the new venue, nice and close to me .

peter

I'll be there on Sunday as well, making the trek from the midlands. Looking forward to meeting many of you there.

Ken

You name the place John, and I will find it. I'd like very much to thank you in person for all you've taught me through your posts.

I hope you guys have a nice time of it...
Dont forget we need pictures....please..please..

Am I wrong or has the subject of discussing this exhibition been banned on Model Engineers forum?
I saw something today to the effect that anything relating to an exhibition would be deleted..
Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick... :(

Anyhow whoever goes, please enjoy..
I'm looking forward to Harrogate, a bit nearer to me, hopefully see some of you there.. :)

John,

Looks like your report is correct.

Following comments in an Engineering In Miniature Editorial (March 2012) any threads or comments about any Meridienne Exhibition will be deleted from this forum without notice. Comments and threads about the Sandown Park Exhibition, The Harrogate Exhibition and any other Non-Meridienne Exhibitions will still be welcome.

Definitely looks like a case of competition jealousy.

But who cares, if a new engineering show gets up and running, then I'm all for it.

Not being to a show for a fair while, and with this being a totally new one to all of us, may I suggest if anyone wants to meet up, then we do it at the top right hand part of this display map (shown below), at 12 midday on Sunday 4th March, it seems to be a fairly quiet area.

I'll be the big guy with a beard on a three wheeled electric buggy.

See you all there

John

Show Meeting Place.jpg

A few pictures from today and a few HMEM Members

Peter

P1070856 (864 x 648).jpg

P1070857 (864 x 648).jpg

P1070873.jpg

P1070919.jpg

Ill post some more when I have them ready
Peter

P1070960.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't have such a productive time as Peter at the show, after the second video, my batteries decided to give up. Thats what comes of trusting dry batteries supplied with an article.

But I did manage to hook up with a few long time mates, whom I thought had maybe started to push up daisies, but even though a little older, they were more mobile than myself.

We also met up with a few members off here, and I apologise for not remembering their names, my memory is fading as well, Woodguy was one, from deepest Canada, who I managed to get a fair chat with. If the other people (other than Peter above) can chirp in, then I may be able to remember.

I was very disappointed with the show layout, there was plenty of room spare there, but the organisers were, to me, not very well organised. Trade stands crammed in amongst exhibits is definitely not the way to go. The only decently organised part about it, was where they took your admission money off you.

If you want to buy something, then you should go to the trade stand area, and the same sort of thing if you want to talk to exhibitors. As it was, you were pushed and jostled all over the place, and really, you couldn't stop anywhere for any length of time before there were tailbacks. If it had been any better, I would have bought some more batteries and carried on taking pictures, but as it was, I came away feeling sadly a bit underwhelmed. If it had been done correctly, it would be a show I would have gone to again, but unfortunately, three hours was too much for me, and I had to leave.

But anyway, here are the couple of vids I did manage to take, totally unedited, and it does show how easily it was to get pushed around a bit, people were walking in front of me and pushing by my buggy and knocking into me, a typical few ignorant model engineers that attend such shows as this, who only see what is at the end of their noses, and think only of themselves.

I would suggest you turn the sound DOWN, not up.

This first one is the large scale model aircraft stand.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAFqmX9tx_4[/ame]

And this second one, a very dark vid of a loco under it's own steam

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNybo0uzROA[/ame]

John

A few more light was not very good and a lot of the models where very shiney,

P1070844.jpg

P1070846.jpg

P1070848.jpg

P1070849.jpg

as you can see the show coverd all modeling

P1070896.jpg

P1070898.jpg

P1070903.jpg

P1070906.jpg

engines, sorry mine are not as good as Johns

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjE4BDu13rA&list=UUG0Gyq428U6zApceCges1Pg&index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4pVgOKdKPY&list=UUG0Gyq428U6zApceCges1Pg&index=2&feature=plcp[/ame]

Peter

P1070916.jpg

P1070935.jpg

P1070923.jpg

P1070932.jpg

Back