Newcomer from down under

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushranger

Reaction score
Greetings, everyone, been lurking here for a little while and decided to finally put my head above the parapet (hope it doesn't get blown off). I consider myself to have reasonable machining skills, hope that doesn't sound too much like bragging and have access to a mill and lathe at my local Men's Shed so thought I'd have a go at this: A Simple Oscillating Engine

If it's OK with you people, would it be possible for me to ask some questions about the build and where would the best place be to ask?

Welcome to the forum. Sure you can ask questions about your build. The best place to post a thread would be in the 'General Engine Discussion' sub-forum which can be found in the 'Building Them' section. LINK

Greetings, everyone, been lurking here for a little while and decided to finally put my head above the parapet (hope it doesn't get blown off). I consider myself to have reasonable machining skills, hope that doesn't sound too much like bragging and have access to a mill and lathe at my local Men's Shed so thought I'd have a go at this: A Simple Oscillating Engine

If it's OK with you people, would it be possible for me to ask some questions about the build and where would the best place be to ask?
Hi Bushranger
Welcome
I am a semi retired machinist myself I am located in Sydney NSW if I can help in any way please ask.
What are you going to build, I have been building small steam engines for the last couple of years. I am on my 4th build so I might be able to help.
Cheers
John Emery
[email protected]

Can we see your shop

Dave

Hay mate I’m in Melbourne any help I can give just ask we are a nice group hear 👍

Hay mate I’m in Melbourne any help I can give just ask we are a nice group hear 👍
A couple of years ago, a really nice fellow from, I thimk, Victoria, visited the Philippines, where I met him. NOBODY could understand a word he said, not even his fellow Aussies. After two weeks we began to understand him a bit but then he went back to Victoria saying he would return but he never did. He was very funny.

Working in Fort William (West Highland Scotland, UK) I had to translate for a sales rep from Aberdeen (150 miles away on the East coast) - for the Glaswegan engineers! (150 miles South). And I am a Sasanac! (Hated Englishman, according to coloquial translation).
Just found out Spell check can't manage Scottish words.!!

Back